Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shoveling In A Winter Wonderland

Another January day, another winter snow storm. I'm actually a fan of winter, but to be honest shoveling snow gets a bit old. I'm always looking for a way to make the job a bit easier, so when I came across a tip to spray oil cooking spray on your shovel before you start, I just had to try it. This is supposed to stop snow from sticking to the shovel, so you don't have to stop to keep banging it off.


Yesterday I bundled up (beyond the snow, the wind is really blowing!), grabbed a bottle of Pam and headed outside. I gave the shovel a really good spray and got to work. Overall, it was a good tip. This snow happened to be pretty light and fluffy- my guess is this trick works better with the heavy snow we had last weekend. It worked really well for the first quarter of the driveway, then the effects of the oil started to wear down. I'd use it again, but it certainly wasn't the time saving trick for this storm!

Do you have tips on how to make shoveling easier? A faster way to clean your car and windshield? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment