Wednesday, March 5, 2014

From One Millennial to Another

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Gregg Trueman and Tom Richardson from Talent League. Their website describes them as: "... an online marketplace that matches curated pre-professional talent with companies facing evolving business and resourcing challenges. Reimagining traditional student and recent grad engagements, Talent League enables employers to enhance their workforces by leveraging an underutilized pool of qualified, affordable and flexible labor, either remotely or on-site."After a great discussion on ways we could collaborate on a project I am managing, Gregg and Tom made me an offer: be a guest blogger on their website. I was thrilled- and a little nervous. I have never been asked to write for another blog before! The topic came easy- after working closely with college-age students as they apply for internships, I realized that many of them are unprepared. Not in the traditional way- every student selected did top-notch work- but they had public social media platforms, half-fast written resumes and lacked serious skills during phone interviews. This was my chance to give some professional advice to my co-Millennials who were born only a few years later, but into a much more digitally advanced world.

If you know a Millennial (or are a parent to one!), go ahead and share this with them. I find that advice coming from a peer is taken a bit more seriously than when it comes from mom or dad! Check out From One Millennial to Another here: http://talentleague.com/from-one-millennial-to-another/

Have more professional advice for Millennials entering the workplace? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment